segunda-feira, 18 de maio de 2015

Fiordlands' Way



Hi Everybody!


So, since it will take a little while before I make my next trips, I intend to fill this blog with some videos of my done-trips in New Zealand that I haven't shown yet. This is the first of many that are up to come, check it out!



Want to see the photos of this day? Click on the link below:

The video starts after I had visited the city of Queenstown and I'm on my way to the famous Fiordlands (Milford Sound) passing through the most amazing scenarios!

You can see mountains covered with snow; a huge valley on the way; a frozen waterfall and of course, the Fiordland.

Music is from Jamie Lawson (Ahead of Myself) and Passenger (Let Her Go)

Some facts about the Fiordland (Taken from Wikipedia):

1. The name "Fiordland" comes from a variant spelling of the Scandinavian word for this type of steep alley, "fjord"

2. Fiordland has never had any significant permanent population. Even the Maori only visited temporarily for hunting, fishing and to collect the precious stone "pounamu" (New Zealand Jade) from Anita Bay and the mouth of Milford Sound.

3. Milford Sound sports two permanent waterfalls all year round. Lady Bowen Falls and Stirling Falls. After heavy rain, however, many hundreds of temporary waterfalls can be seen running down the steep-sided rock faces that line the fjord. They are fed by rainwater drenched moss and will last a few days at most once the rain stops.

4. Milford Sound is between the 28 finalists of the New7Wonders of the World!

That was an amazing day for sure, that I'm going to remember for a very long time, and I hope you enjoy the video as I did!

More videos are to come!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our trip Continues!

See ya!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário